Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Great e(Earth)-Roundup April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day! In honor of this occasion, all links below are environmental and health-oriented. If you'll excuse me, I am off to bike bus to work! (Too late to bike!) Pics from the trip, to come. (Post part 2 I promised, to come tomorrow! I can't possibly write about things that are helpful but we don't really need, on Earth Day. Sacrilegious.)

Links to be added throughout the day (newest at the top) as I come across Earth-related stories I want to share, keep refreshing.

Waiting for my ride

And there it is
Happy Earth Day!


Divine Caroline says composting is the next step in green living.
WebMD has 10 easy ways to eat green today and every day.
Beautiful eco-jewels at EcoStiletto.
NASA releases HD video of Earth from Space Station - amazing.
Green toys a hit with parents!
Very good info on HuffPo - what to do if a CFL (compact fluorescent bulb) breaks.
Planet Green's post has prompted me to ask: Could you become a weekday vegetarian? I could do that! I will do that!
Earth! A must-see. Hubby and I have the series on DVD but this is apparently more kid-friendly, with no tearing of animal flesh, etc. Do it.
HuffPo has a great read in support of eating natural foods - how unhealthy foods hijack our brains.
Treehugger lists seven green sins of the city.
IdealBite has a superb playlist from artists who do good things for the planet.
Mod Cottage has a stylish DIY that will remind you of the 3 Rs!
Cleanistry wonders if it's better to hand wash or machine wash your dishes. The answer might surprise you.

No comments: