Monday, August 11, 2008

ModernGear Video: Soapylove!

I met and interviewed Soapylove's Debbie Chialtas at the Appel and Frank shopping event in San Diego earlier in the year. Check it out...



I really love using Soapylove soap - it's just so yummy-smelling and I appreciate that Debbie doesn't use SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) in her soaps - an ingredient that is often found in all sorts of products from toothpaste and bubble bath to shampoos and soaps. SLS is the ingredient that brings a lot of bubbles, but it is also thought to bring skin and eye irritation, hormone imbalance, and more bad stuff.


My favourite product and the one that kids just love is the Soapsicle! There are 12 varieties (flavours, I think of them as!) of Soapsicles, like these:

Clearly Lovely, with sweet raspberry scent

Bath Blaster - cherry, lime and berry

Squeaky Melon - watermelon

Neopolitan
Nilla Sammie, chocolate

Soapsicles are so great for kids not only because they're a load of fun, but the stick enables little hands to get a grip, rather than let it slip! And they're good for gift-giving as they're priced at a very reasonable $8.00. (It might be a little early, but I'm already thinking about stocking stuffers!)

You can get Soapylove soap in some stores (see stores list on their web site), as well as at Soapylove.com, and there are also a few other soaps on her Etsy shop.

Make sure to wash behind your ears!

PS A Soapsicle goes to the first person to leave a comment on this blog post!

Wardrobe note: People have e-mailed to ask me what I am wearing in the opening video - my beautiful kaftan by LottyB! The Classic Mustique Kaftan, 3/4 length in beautiful chiffon silk. And in the tub, well, bubbles.

5 comments:

ModernGear TV said...

You won, Cate! Please send me your address, to tamara{@}moderngeartv.com. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Aaaah....too late. Next time!

C.

Anne-Marie said...

Yippee! I love SoapyLove's work. And she's an absolute gem in person too.

Anonymous said...

You really ought to do more videos - they're so fun and you're so funny! You can tell your a journalist and storyteller. Show us more pls!

Sontza Design Works said...

I totally agree with the last post ... you are great on camera!! And I so love this product too ... I can't wait to get some for gifts! I am certain I don't need to worry about getting any for my kids ... right favorite auntie??!!

T.