Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Great e-Roundup April 23, 2009

How was your Earth Day? Ours was great...lots of discussion (like about this car, the electric Tesla - Mama want one!)
both online and off about the state of the environment. There were some things that were notable.

One, some Facebook chatter had one commenter actually typing the words, "the global warming myth". Ohhhhh. Do NOT get me started.

Other people were talking about the fact that extinction is no worse now than in years past. I noted a Time magazine article that talked about the accelerated rate of extinction and the fact that human activity is responsible for a lot of it.

And then there was also the debate about compact fluorescent bulbs, with what I think is a huge knee-jerk reaction by people saying they won't use them in case they break. I can understand the fear - mercury is not good for people or animals, much less the planet, if it gets dispersed upon breaking. Just use common sense, and kid gloves, when using CFBs, and know how to properly clean up in the case of an accident, I say. But that's just me. Links below!

Wow, what a dramatic abode! What you'd expect from the wife of Baz Luhrmann, Catherine Martin. She is also art director and costume designer for her husband's films Moulin Rouge, Romeo and Juliet and more recently Australia. Brought to you by Swish & Swanky!
If you don't have that kind of space, check out Apartment Therapy's small cool contest going on right now - tons of inspiration for making small spaces amazing!
RealAge tells us why a fruit salad is better than a banana.
MSN Heath & Fitness share 6 workout mistakes that slow down results.
Cook & Eat has a recipe for YUMMY Raspberry Pumpkin Butter - I will definitely make this - when I can find less expensive raspberries! I didn't realize how lucky we were growing up on the farm, with my mom's impressive garden and rows of raspberries. An embarrassment of riches.

No comments: