Wednesday, July 16, 2008

ModernGear Beauty: OPI Nail Envy

I'd like to introduce a new ModernGear TV feature - a guest post featuring a review of a favourite find, by a reader! There is so much helpful, fun, pretty stuff out there that there's no way I can find and test it all, so every once in a while I'm going to open the floor up to you!

The first guest poster is none other than my sister Tanya. I've spoken of her before, and you get to meet her now!

I have a confession to make ... my nails suck! I like my fingers just fine but my nails are horrible. They are soft and weak and prone to splitting. I have tried every nail hardener and strengthener I have ever come across only to find my nails even more brittle, and worse yet they'd shatter at the slightest tap.

I know it's not because I work with them a lot, making jewelry for my company Sontza, either. They've just always been this way. I'm always the girl who skips the polish when I get a manicure because it doesn't ever last more than an hour (and there is not much I hate more than chipped polish...even if it's just clear).

So last week when my girlfriend Pam came over for girly movie night (complete with all the essentials ... chocolate, twizzlers, chips, wine) and a new nail strengthener, I was most intrigued. When I discovered that it had a matte finish, I thought I'd died and gone to nail heaven. The only question was, could it stand up to my busy lifestyle and my freakishly brittle nails?

I tried a couple coats that night and for the next week kept watching my nails for signs of chipping. None appeared...so a few days ago I ran out and picked myself up a bottle, and then phoned Tamara and raved!

OPI Matte Nail Envy

The matte finish gives the nails a buffed appearance and it is just lovely. The bottle says to apply two coats the first day and then a coat every two days after. After one week remove that, and begin the process again. I can't comment on the long-term effectiveness of the strengthener but promise an update in a month or so. But if you are looking for lovely natural shiny nails, with a potential to also be stronger...this is your product!

I got my bottle at the Wild Orange Spa where I live in Abbotsford, BC for $22.50, but you can also get the Opi Nail Envy Matte Natural Nail Strengthener 0.5 Oz at Amazon.com (what can't you get there, really?!) for as little as $6.49.

Love your guest blogger,

Tanya
Sontza Design Works

About the guest blogger:

Tanya Van Papeveld lives in Abbotsford, BC with her two children and husband. When they aren't working on their respective businesses they can be found as a family at a local park or on the beach!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try this. My nails split something terrible as well! Thanks Tanya and Tamara! The two Ts make a great team!