Friday, June 13, 2008

ModernGear Women: Tunics and Caftans

Have you ever been struck by the actual sensation of love, for a garment or a silhouette? Well, I heart tunics and caftans. Can't get enough of 'em. That's it, right there, hands down, what I am supposed to be wearing, and what I love wearing.

Blake Lively recently wore one in Southampton, N.Y., while shooting an episode of hit television show Gossip Girls:

This is definitely a favourite summer look for me. Maybe having a few too many martinis poolside in Palm Springs, or relaxing on the deck of a yacht in Cap D'Antibes, or shoot, hanging around my house writing blog posts...this is my favourite of favourites. And THESE are my my favourite-est...yeah I know that's not a word...

Lilly Pulitzer
Gisele Caftan Embroidered
$348Gisele Caftan Printed
$198
Taka
Pam Kafthan

Lotty B
Classic Mustique Kaftan
Green Fern
$200
(I own one of these, given to me by the incomparable Ms. Bunbury herself...and I don't think I ever did send her a thank-you note...how gauche of me! I will now, better late than never...)



Paul Smith kaftan
$968

Heidi Merrick
Sierra
white cotton pique, lined in white silk habutai
$524


MarieEve
not sure about priceTory Burch
Tory Mini Dress
$295

Here's a Tory Burch design worn by Katherine Heigl, arriving in Cancun for a holiday:

Tory Tunic
$275

Joe Fresh
Groove tunic
$24
(available in more colours and patterns in-store, but only available at Superstore locations in Canada)

Trina Turk
Spring 2008
Cap Sleeve Joni
$348
Summer 2008
Salina Dress
$248
Woo
Sole tunic in granada floral
$154

What Goes Around Comes Around
Goa Tunic at shopbop.com
$187

And is it just me, or would this Banana Republic BR Monogram puff-sleeve chain link dress not have been so much better as a tunic?


No comments: