Saturday, March 1, 2008

ModernGear Women: Jovovich-Hawk at Target

Imagine my utter delight when I read the first paragraph of the news release:

"Target is partnering with American designers Milla Jovovich and Carmen Hawk to create the next limited-edition collection for GO International®, an innovative program designed to provide affordable fashion created by world-renowned designers. Arriving just in time for spring, Jovovich-Hawk's exclusive collection for Target launches at Target.com/go and at most Target stores nationwide beginning March 2, 2008. "

Next, imagine my disappointment when my phone messages to the media contact went unanswered.

And finally, imagine my utter shock when phoning all of my local Target stores and speaking to women's fashions managers, and having them ALL ask, "Who? WHO?"

Um...okay. So when I finally got it through to them I found out that one of the stores isn't bothering to hang the clothes til Monday, another says they're starting to put them out now but there's no signage because "it's too hard to hang" and the third doesn't expect there to be much of a crowd.

Well shoot. I was looking forward to my first-ever Target line-up with loads of other fashion loving red-blooded females. Oh well, I'm still heading down tomorrow, camera in hand as your intrepid reporter. Probably won't buy anything, seeing as I am approaching the size of a whale at 26 weeks preggers. And seeing as I have to go total guerrilla style with semi-hidden camera because the PR couldn't be bothered to call me back, the story might not be the best.

But all that aside, I'm looking forward to seeing the offerings from two of my favourite designers, like these goodies:


Chiffon Square-Neck Dot Print Dress in Black/Tan, $39.99


Dot Print Belted Top in White/Multicolor, $24.99
High-Waist Denim Pants in Dark Wash, $34.99

Shoot, it's making the colours all funny. Tell ya what, go here and check out the collection...and if you're around, I'll meet you there!

No comments: