Friday, February 22, 2008

ModernGear Women: Sonja Picard Collection

I am a lucky, lucky woman. I just got a sneak peek glimpse at the AMAZING, beautiful, absolutely breathtaking collection of jewels that Vancouver's Sonja Picard has designed for the most special event.

On Sunday, ABC News reporter Carla Wohl will wear Sonja's magnificent creations from her couture line as she reports live from the red carpet at the 80th annual Academy Awards®!

Sonja Picard Collection Lakshmi rings. The special Oscars jewelry
includes something like this, but even more incredible. I know, is that even possible?!

I'm sure you can imagine what a huge opportunity and honour this is for an independent designer, and Sonja is so thrilled to be a part of this...she's flying down to Los Angeles tomorrow...wisely delivering the jewels herself rather than entrust them to a courier service. (Uh yeah, I'd do that too!)

Sonja will be spending the day with me on Sunday. We'll make breakfast, get a mani-pedi and make ourselves diva-licious for the red carpet, then we'll settle ourselves in front of the television, and squeal for hours straight! I can't wait!

Next week's video post will be all about Sonja and will include footage I'll shoot on Sunday night - stay tuned! And enjoy the Oscars - I know we will!

No comments: