Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The summer of change

This is the official Summer of Change. I ought not to make such a grandiose pronouncement, as it seems every summer is full of stuff happening -- of growth, of dreams and developments. But this one might trump it all.

21 weeks. My belly is growing and my heart is full of hope.

And so it is that I find myself drawn towards inspiration, wherever I can get it.

There are the tweets and blogs of Danielle from White Hot Truth, with this recent one just a fantastic example of what I get out of following this great woman.
Follow her. You will be glad.

I have also been collecting images from each and every corner of the internet - at least the internet that I know. I often don't remember where these came from but I will give credit where I can, and beg for forgiveness where I can't. Here are the things that are inspiring me these days, and why. I hope you can get something from them too!

Words of healing from Sheye Rosemeyer

Quilts, quilts, quilts. I can't get enough quilts. I am ready to sew, looking for a machine and can't wait to
see my work on our beds.

Some might call this "nesting". I call it wonderful. Who wouldn't want to create
a lovely, handmade life and home? I feel I must get the following book:
The Gentle Art of Domesticity: Stitching, Baking, Nature, Art & the Comforts of Home
Sewing patterns on eBay.

Unfortunately these beautiful ones are in Japanese!

Tofino, BC. We need to get there, and soon.

Bringing the outside in, with tables that still resemble trees. Pic, I think, from Remodelista (Terence Conran suite).

The continued search for doors like this, for our washroom and my office - maybe even our bedrooms too.

The continued search for a set of antique blueprint drawers, but settling for the time being on an Alex set of drawers from IKEA.

Dreaming about living in a home with coved ceilings like this one I found online, and the one below we saw in Cortina D'Ampezzo, Italy at the Messner Mountain Museum.
I don't know where this is from! It's the blog of a family who moved from North America to Europe. I am sure I have the link in my database, and this image is why I would go back for a read.

Cindy Crawford's mid-40s legs. There's hope for me yet.


I have a hard drive that is full to overflowing, with all of the images I save...but looking at them and getting inspired to live a good life, and to keep dreaming and doing, makes it worth the computer crashes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are ABSOLUTELY glowing!

I am so thrilled for you and K. I continue to send prayers, good Karma and every bit of positive energy I can muster in your direction! :)

Anonymous said...

I showed this pic to Carol and Bernie at work today. They both said you look beautiful and that you are glowing!!


Mama