Thursday, February 12, 2009

ModernGear Fashion: expanding my horizons

I've lived in the US for 14 months now, and I've never set foot into a Kohl's. I don't know why that is - I guess I didn't think they would have anything for me. But it turns out, I might have been too hasty in such a pronouncement.

Not only does Kohl's carry Vera Wang, which has some lovely pieces:

1.
ribbed cardigan, was $64, now $38.40
2.
satin trench coat, was $118, now $59
3.
chiffon jacket, was $98, now $49
4.
floral shirred top, was $58, now $29

But now there is also a very wearable collection from Dana Buchman. Maybe not all of the pieces appeal to me to suit my age and tastes, but there is certainly a lot that I would happily wear.

1.
printed batwing tunic $60
flawless fit capris $46
fold over convertible clutch $66
sardinia strappy heel $66.99

2.
cardigan sweater with belt $72
woven capris $46
charleston clutch $46
sardinia strappy heel $66.99

3.
stand collar jacket with zebra lining $116
3/4 sleeved woven blouse $46
woven capris $46
evil double-strap heel sandal $64.99
straw dana tote $96
audra square sunglasses $36

1.
grosgrain-pleat top was $40, now $27.99
2.
bohemian tunic was $52, now $34.99
3.
striped cardigan was $76, now $52.99
4.
crop pants were $50, now $34.99

I'll pop into to Kohl's some time in the next few weeks and check it out in person. Pictures are always nice but it's truly all in the fabric, cut, and execution that an item passes muster. If I like what I see in person as much as I do in the pictures, I'll happily add a few of these items to my wardrobe! I know the Simply Vera Vera Wang line is of good quality, so I am sure this one will be too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that tunic! Didn't you do a post about tunics last year? Do another this year and you can add this one to it...

G.