Thursday, July 24, 2008

Moderngear Women: a charmed life

If there's one salutation that's always stymied me, it's got to be, "Charmed, I'm sure." Not that it is widely used anymore, but even in literature or movies from years past, it's always confounded me. It just strikes me as being more than even tinged...being, say, marinated, in snobbery. And it's not what's said, it's what is not said. Like, "Charmed, I'm sure you are..." or "Charmed, I'm sure I would be if I wasn't so bored by your very existence...". I just imagine it being used by very wealthy, very snotty women.

But there is one instance where I approve of its use...in a brand new line of purse charms by Sontza Design Works.

Charmed, I'm Sure is the brainchild of one very brainy child, my sister Tanya, (it's not nepotism when it's something so pretty, is it?!).

Tanya, Mom, Grandma and Little Baba - four generations of beauties...

Tanya, the brunette, was interested in handbags from a tender age!
Heather, our other sister, sits and watches as I take a few stilted steps...

Take this one, for instance, made with shell beads and a lovely wood called wenge (made by - insert more nepotism jokes here - our incredibly talented wood turning father). At $25, it's an affordable and adorable way to accessorize a handbag.

And if you want to talk about cute, check out the clever packaging Tanya produces - each purse charm comes packed into its very own little purse box! Perfect for giving as a gift to your most girly of girlfriends.
Purse charms would make the a great addition to gifts for a wedding party, as a nice add-on to a handbag for your Mom, sister or girlfriend, and even as a nice little treat-yourself kind of treat.

Available in acrylic or semi-precious beads with pewter charms, or my favourite the shell and wenge, if you're not into having it dangle off of your handbag, you could also use one as a great keyring.

Rose quartz and pewter


Carnelian and pewter


acrylic beads and pewter


I'd say that a new purse charm is the perfect excuse to get yourself that new handbag you've been coveting...so why wait?! Visit Sontza.com to check out the other colours and for ordering information.

Of course, you can also win a Charmed, I'm Sure purse charm in our great GOODIES GIVEAWAY! As soon as I post this story, I'm going to go and add it to the list of give-aways...come on...we could all use a little more charm, non?

No comments: