Tuesday, July 29, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!

Holy cow. I have never been through an earthquake, til about 15 minutes ago...that was freaky! The most interesting, and scary, thing I have ever been through!

It was a 5.8, epicenter was around Chino Hills - 29 miles east of Los Angeles. There are reports of people even feeling swaying in Las Vegas!

It felt like my house was on a ride at a carnival, shaking left then right, back and forth...and it seemed to gain strength as it went on.

At first I thought it was just a big car driving down the back alley, because that can shake the house...but then it just kept going...and I heard the house shake, shake, shake...whew!

I have the total shakes now, myself.

Update 1:22pm
The quake was just downgraded from a 5.8 to 5.4. They're calling it "moderate"...yikes! I wouldn't want to feel "strong"!

I haven't felt aftershocks but every time I hear any loud noise I get nervous and it feels like my heart skips a beat or two...

4 comments:

MARFSBABY said...

Whoa!!! I JUST read about the earth quake on MSN and immediately thought of you and K and my other friends in CA... I'm so glad you're just freaked out honey and no worse.

xoxox - jas

ModernGear TV said...

Hi Jas! Thanks for the love...whew! That was incredible! We're okay though...

Anonymous said...

that's crazy!! how did Duane react? is everyone ok??

xoxo Kathryn

ModernGear TV said...

Hi Kathryn, it was nuts!! I am still really vibrating...I think this deserves a pop down the street to the cupcake bakery.

:-)

Everyone is great - there's been about 27 aftershocks recorded but we haven't felt one. There's talk of whether or not it was a fore-shock...like, is this the one before the BIG ONE. Yikes, I don't like talk like that.

Duane was outside so he was just fine, I think he was all, "whaaa?" and then that was that! I was quite skeered for him but he did great! What can I say, he's a California dog!

Thanks for writing!