Thursday, April 24, 2008

ModernGear Women: Down to our skivvies

It isn't often that I look to a catalogue to get suggestions on how to live my life. Having just moved into a new house recently, I'm still getting catalogues addressed to the previous tenant delivered by the tens every week and I have to say, they usually take a short trip from mailbox to recycling box, without even a glance. That is, until I saw the new Nordstrom lingerie catalogue. The fact is, this one's a keeper.

Nothing sapphic here, folks, it's just that I am a true fan of their gorgeous photography and romantic scene-setting, as well as the little lacy numbers themselves. Each photo paints a picture - from a delicate, utterly feminine ephemeral moment captured to seductive longing, the models are stunning but the lingerie is even more so.

Some of my favourite items from this catalogue and online are:

Hanky Panky Ruched boyshorts
$34.00





Chantelle Intimates 'Caprice' Underwire Bra
$112.00
and
Boyshorts
$70.00









Natori '133001' Demi Bra
$56-58.00
and
Lace Trim Thong
$18.00













Betsey Johnson Floral Babydoll Chemise with thong
$72.00

Now I'll be the first to admit that I'd rather hang out all day and sleep at night in something like this:

PJ Salvage Henley Top
$52.00
and
Stripe Boxers
$36.00
or this:
Scanty Lace Trim Jersey Camisole$36.00
Low Rise Boxers
$34.00

But the fact is, after having my husband pick up the catalogue and exclaim, "Wow, these girls are really pretty!" I think I'll take a page out of the Nordstrom lingerie catalogue and attempt some seduction myself.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

the Hanky Panky Boyshorts are awesome (and MUCH cheaper at Holts!)