Saturday, May 19, 2007

ModernGear Women - Lotty B

I don’t think my friend Kathryn would mind me sharing a bit of the e-mail she sent me yesterday. Hit by the almighty PMS, she said, “Right now what I feel like doing is holding up with a tub of Nutella and shortbread cookies, some wine and a mother-load of terrifically trashy movies…”

My response was, “I feel like sitting by my pool on a lounger eating a fruit salad and drinking champagne, that’s what I would be doing right now. It would mean getting the pool, which is part of the dream! And a cool breeze on a hot day, would be the perfect addition. With some dreamy music.”

What I failed to mention was that this daydream is complete down to the last detail - that’s just how I roll.






For instance, I know what champagne I would be drinking (Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut - not too posh, not too cheap)...




what shoes would be beside the lounger (Sigerson Morrison “Bestseller”)










and what swimsuit I would be wearing (Cea Swim’s GORGEOUS Luxe in black).
And one more detail. In this fantasy of mine, though some details are changeable, one bit remains fixed…I always, whether I’m wearing it over top of my bikini, or have it hanging nearby, have a silky and sexy kaftan by Lotty B.

I seriously heart Lotty B. I first discovered her when I spotted one of the kaftans in a photo in Town & Country and I knew I must investigate a little further. When I am captivated by an item’s design or function, I always go a little deeper to find out who is behind it all.In this case, Lotty B. is Lotty Bunbury - a fabulous artist (I was captivated by the short video of her painting the Palm Leaf design for the ‘07 collection) who lives on Mustique - a private island in the southern Caribbean, one of the Grenadines in the country of St. Vincent and the Grenadines (wikipedia tells me). She’s a really lovely lady - I have been in touch with Lotty in the past when I wrote about her kaftans, sarongs and other beautiful pieces.

Well, it’s time to get back to the pool now. It might be in my mind for now as I lounge on the couch, but some day I will really be there, with all of the above details in place.

Now, where’s that pool boy?

No comments: