Monday, January 5, 2009

The Great e-Roundup January 5, 2009

First post of 2009 and it's coming from a bleary-eyed, headachey me...no, I'm not hung-over or stricken with the flu, but with a dog who has insomnia at 4am! If anyone out there has any suggestions for how to get a previously crate-loving pooch to love it once more, I'd love it. Until then, on with the linkage!

Lots of health-related info - perfect for the New Year!

ABC News puts 10 germ myths under the microscope.
They also have a look at a promising new way to blast stubborn saddlebag and love handle fat.
Forbes has a post about the most dangerous health scams.
Yahoo News says scientists have debunked detox claims.
Vervegirl has instructions for a DIY mani, and says dark, festive hues and paler shades are in. I type this as I glance down at my burgundy fingernails...I'll take it off, it's chipping anyway!
More Ways To Waste Time spent her holidays in my neck of the woods. Love the Palm Springs pics - still haven't made it out there but this post will inform our first visit.

And here's a great Real Simple quote of the day:
Nature gives you the face you have at 20; it is up to you to inherit the face you have at 50.

— Coco Chanel





Here is the beginning of my post. And here is the rest of it.

No comments: