Thursday, December 11, 2008

ModernGear House and Home: Latte bowls from Anthropologie

For a while now I've been oohing and aahing over Anthropologie's latte bowls.

I have been reading about them at various blogs like Nie Nie's (and by the way, if you don't know the story of Stephanie and Christian, their family, their plane crash, and their continued recovery, then you ought to visit c. jane and go back in the archives, then back to Nie Nie. You will be filled with love and joy if you do.), and The SmartestFish.

I have been drawn to them for their vintage design and their homey-ness. I have known that I'd like to have 4 or 6 to stack on the shelf, to use for lattes and cereal and desserts, oh my! But I have not known what COLOUR to choose! Oh dilemma of dilemmas!

(They also have mini latte cups that I would also get.)

What to do, what to do.
I thought, it sort of depends on what colours we're using in the kitchen, in the house that we bought, that we haven't started renovating yet, in the country that we don't even live in yet! But then again, we've never really been people who "choose colours" and stick to a palette, so that doesn't really matter anyway. My husband said, "Get orange!" (He likes orange as much as I do...didn't I just say yesterday that I likes me some orange?!)


But I am not sure I want ALL ORANGE, after all, we've gone with all white for a long time in all of our other plates and bowls and such. So you might think, why not white? Stick with a neutral palette.
But, still, no. See my issue? My indecision? I do know that if I had to give a gift to a friend who loves France as much as I do, this would be the perfect formula - blue bowls, yellow bowls, dishtowel from Provence, wonderful book I am reading right now, called French Dirt: The Story of a Garden in the South of France!

I think in the end I am turning towards a RIOT OF COLOUR! A real celebration of colour. So what I think I'll do is grab my honey and get to an Anthropologie store, so we can pick them out together. Amen.

(Whew!)

Image borrowed from the NieNie Dialogues.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't recommend these bowls enough! I had tons of them in pink (back from my pink & red kitchen). Now I have a gray & white theme and plan to get lots of white and some sunny yellow ones too. They're the perfect size for everything breakfast related and worked fine in the microwave + the price is right. Love your cute blue & yellow theme--I say go for it!