Thursday, October 23, 2008

ModernGear Women: Comfort and a cause

I am still recovering from the Women's Conference yesterday - mostly physically, because mentally I was completely rejuvenated! Video from the sessions is live now, at the Californiawomen.org web site and I would highly recommend you take a look, to see speakers like Madeline Albright, Christiane Amanpour, Warren Buffet, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael J. Fox, Maria Shriver, Bono and more.

The Village area was a marketpace absolutely full of booths and displays by companies that I know and recognize, as well as some I hadn't heard of before. Almost all were handing out samples and free bags, and so I was loaded down when I came home Tuesday night and yesterday, and I'll be sharing what I liked in the days and weeks to come.

But my favourite item of all is something I decided to buy. One touch and I was hooked...the WE Empower Long Sleeve Zip Front Hoodie.

The woman working at the WE booth described the fabric as "cashmere-cotton" and it's a perfect description. It's a fleece that feels like it's part cashmere - so soft and warm and snuggly. It's also nice and long so I won't have to be constantly pulling the bottom down, as I do with other hoodies (despite being 5'2" I am quite long-waisted).

Just put it for a walk with the pooch...and I might never take it off! (Well, it WAS 96 degrees yesterday, so I suppose I will take it off)...


I also love that the proceeds from the sale of the hoodie ($52) and the other items in the Shop With A Purpose are donated to WE Initiatives that help support women.

Check out the conference's web site and take a little time to listen to the inspirational messages from the speakers, and shop a bit. And trust me on the hoodie.

No comments: